Sunday, October 13, 2013

This is Halloween...

Hello!

Lucky for you, you get to see my costume early because it debuted on Saturday for a work event.

As usual, I put a lot of detail into the costume.  Here's some detail:

Letters before:


Letters after:


Earrings before:


 Earrings after:


 Finally here are the concept pictures:



Have you guessed my costume yet?  If you guessed Suzy Bishop from Wes Anderson's masterpiece Moonrise Kingdom, you guessed right!  (On a side note if you haven't seen this film, please do so.  It's wonderful.)


So obviously (because this is a sewing blog) I made this dress.  Striving for accuracy, I used this 1960s pattern:


It wasn't that hard to make.  The hardest part was sewing in those two side panels.  I have know idea what they are called.

I wish I would have taken a picture of my makeup because that was spot on too and I know you can't see it in the above pic but my dress does have a collar.

You can kind of see it in this pic:


Anyway, what do you think?  I personally think it's awesome.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment